1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No Purchase Necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. DEADLINES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. The 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST) on July 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 AM CST on November 15, 2013. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time clock for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry (except residents of NE and AL must be 19 years of age and older). Employees of 3M (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, agents and franchisees, and each of such employees’ immediate family members (persons with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to win. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may require proof to its satisfaction of entrant’s registered subscriber status. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) and facsimiles are not allowed.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter. 1) You may enter the 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes by accessing the following Sponsor’s internet website: http://post-it.com or http://scotchbrand.com and clicking on the 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes icon. Once the sweepstakes entry form opens up, enter the registration information requested (name, mailing address, e-mail address, etc.). Understanding and acceptance of the 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes Rules must be acknowledged by clicking on the “I’ve read and agree to the 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes Rules” check box. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM CST on November 15, 2013. Any other form of Internet or e-mail entry is void. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures; ISP/network/website accessibility or availability; garbled or jumbled transmissions; injury or damage to any participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website; and/or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of online entry information. Online entry data that have been tampered with or altered in any way are void. Any use of robotic, automated, programmed, or like online entry methods is prohibited. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. 2) To enter by mail, hand-print your full name, address (including city, state and zip code), daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area codes), and e-mail address (optional) on a 3 ½” x 5” card and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: 3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes, PO Box 2416, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2416. Mail in entries must be postmarked by November 15, 2013 and received by November 25, 2013 to be eligible. All mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor (defined below) will use e-mail addresses provided via the mail-in entry method for prize notification purposes only; however, eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes is not dependent upon entrant’s provision of this information.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS AND APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING: Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive a $500.00 Gift Card. Approximate retail value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $500.00. Twelve (12) First Prize Winners will receive a 3M Gift Box filled with 3M consumer products (Post-it®, Command™, Nexcare™, O-Cel-O™, Scotch®, and more.) ARV of First Prize: $200.00. ARV of all prizes: $3,900.00. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Limit Prize per entrant. No transfer or substitution of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor. The number of eligible entries will determine odds of winning. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of entries are received.
5. DRAWING: Three Grand Prize Winners and twelve First Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on November 30, 2013. Drawing will be conducted under the supervision of an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries receives. If any prize correspondence is returned as non-deliverable, Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential winners will be notified by phone or mail on or about December 1, 2013. No more than the advertised number of Prizes will be awarded.
6. GAME RELEASE: By entering and/or participating in the Sweepstakes, winners agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the agents and employees of each harmless from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of the use of Prize awarded, and permit use of winner’s name and/or likeness and address for the purpose of advertising, publicity and promotion without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. The failure of either Sponsor or Prize provider to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, act of domestic terrorism, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “3M Innovation for Education Sweepstakes”, P.O. Box 2416-W, Grand Rapids, MN 55745. All requests for the winners' list must be received by November 30, 2013. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or postage-due mail/requests.
10. TRADEMARKS: 3M, Post-it, Command, Nexcare, O-Cel-O, and Scotch are trademarks of 3M.
11. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this promotion is 3M Company, One Innovation Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55144 which is solely responsible for all aspects of the promotion. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Minnesota and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that state.
© 3M 2013
3M, Post-it, Command, Nexcare, O-Cel-O, and Scotch are trademarks of 3M